If you are looking to simplify your financial life through the use of a prepaid debit card, the Control Prepaid MasterCard® should be at the top of the selection list. While a relative newcomer to the prepaid card space, the Control Prepaid MasterCard® is packed with features while maintaining a very low fee schedule.
Control Prepaid MasterCard®
- Use Direct Deposit – get your paycheck or government benefits check up to 2 days faster
- Refill a Prepaid Phone using your Control card – Get $1 back each time you add $25 or more.
- Simple fee plan with no cost to order or activate a card and no overdraft fees
- Qualify for a $10 Purchase Cushion and $5/month fee plan after a Direct Deposit of $500 in one calendar month
- Earn Cash Back Rewards & Refer A Friend bonuses
- Free Bill Pay and online budget management tools
- Transfer money to other cardholders online or with your mobile phone
- Free Smartphone App – check your transactions, balance and find the closest reload location
Easy to Apply
Signing up for the card is easy and free. Simply fill out an online application (no credit check required) and they send you the card via postal mail. The first order of business is to fund the card, which is made easy with the options available such as free direct deposit allows for adding money through your paycheck or tax refund. You can also add money by transferring between existing bank accounts, PayPal, or even Net Spend. Managing your money is also made easy with the use of the user-friendly web interface. For those on the go the Control Prepaid MasterCard® offers a smartphone app allowing you to check your balance or transfer money from anywhere.
A prepaid card is no good to the consumer if all the deposited money is eaten up with fees. Control makes it easy and simple to understand the fee structure with a flat monthly fee per card. At $7.95 per month, it is one of the best bargains in the prepaid card space. The flat fee grants users with unlimited purchase transactions and ATM usage, something other cards charge for on top of the monthly fees.
Free Transfers to other Control Cardholders
Unique features of the Control MasterCard® include free transfers to other Control card holders, the ability to pay bills using online bill pay features in the management console, and an attached savings account with a high interest rate. Security is also important to Control. Custom card fronts allow you to personalize the front of the card with a photo of your choosing, including one of you for added security. And speaking of security, you can be assured of your card security online with the use of the Virtual Account which issues a onetime use card number associated with the account debit card for the use online, or even over the phone. The use of the virtual number ensures that your primary account number and card information is never used online and subject to malicious data breaches.
The Control Prepaid MasterCard® is an excellent option for anyone looking for a full featured, low cost, credit free alternative to cash.