The new NFL “Extra Points” credit card can be emblazoned with the official NFL shield or the logo of any one of the 32 NFL teams. This card comes with no annual fee while providing the possibility of “insider access” and double points on NFL purchases.
Double Points Opportunities
Double points are also awarded for in-stadium purchases. One point per dollar is credited on other purchases. There is no limit on the points that can be earned. Points can be conveniently redeemed on any purchase of $25 or more. With all of the bonus points and double points opportunities, an avid fan can quickly accumulate some impressive point totals. Many will like the fact that there is no limit on the number of points that can be earned.
“First 90 Day” Bonus
The card offers a great incentive during the first 90 days after account opening. With $500 or more in purchases during that period, 10,000 bonus points are awarded. Since the NFL Extra Points credit card provides 1% cashback in statement credits, that bonus alone is worth $100 in cash back. This credit card also offers an ongoing 20% off at NFLshop.com. That’s 20% off a $100 purchase, for example.
Because of it’s affiliation with the National Football League, this credit card offers some interesting cardmember benefits. For example, 10,000 points can gain one access to postgame press conferences. One can also use 25,000 points to get two great seats to an NFL game. Also, 25,000 points can get a cardholder $250 in credit toward a hotel stay. .
Other possible rewards include a VIP stadium tour for just 2,000 points. At the other end of the spectrum, one can get two Super Bowl tickets for 200,000 points. Amazingly, that’s not even the ultimate reward. For 500,000 points, one can get a round of golf with an NFL player.
This card requires an applicant to be a US resident at least 18 years of age or older. A variety of other terms and conditions apply.
With the opportunity to get a card officially linked to the NFL and with the logo of one’s favorite team on the card, it will likely prove popular with NFL fans everywhere. Finally, the various “one-of-a-kind” rewards that are offered should add to the cachet of this new NFL “Extra Points” card.
NFL Extra Points Credit Card
- Earn 2 points per $1 on NFL or Team purchases – eligible game tickets, in-stadium and team pro shop purchases – and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days, enough to redeem for $100 cash back
- 0% Promotional APR for 6 months on eligible NFL ticket purchases. After that a variable APR will apply, currently 15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%, based on your credit worthiness
- Redeem points for NFL game tickets, merchandise, VIP experiences, or 1% cash back beginning at 2,500 points for $25
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, currently 15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%, based on your creditworthiness